Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Catch You In Colorado!


Well, my countdown has finally gone from months to days and now to hours! I spent my last day with some great friends and my parents, doing some last minute things before I head out like getting a license plate for my new car...yeah, I'd say that's an important one. I will be leaving Olive Branch, MS in about 8 hours as I say goodbye to crazy hot weather and humidity, thank goodness, and sadly, my daddy. We’ve been especially best friends this summer from going out to lunch every Sunday, to grocery shopping at least 4 times a week and from him staying up late waiting for me to get home from work to looking at new cars on the reg as a new found “hobby”, if you will. Nevertheless, there is a time and a place for everything and I am definitely excited about these next few months. 

In between my final exams at the University of Memphis yesterday, I was sitting outside by this huge, beautiful fountain studying and listening to music when a song came on the radio on my phone called, “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton. Part of the song says, “God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt And for when I think I lost my way, there are no words left to say, it’s true, God gave me you”. I imagine that most people think of the person that the song talks about to be a significant other but it made me realize how thankful I am that there’s a God that loves me so much to put so many wonderful people in my life, especially everyone reading this. I have truly amazing parents, a great family, a better boyfriend than I could have imagined and many other people in my life that truly care for me and although I have always known this, it means more to me now than it ever has and I am so glad that God has given me all of you. 

For this all too exciting car ride, my mom and I have stocked up on Chex Mix, magazines and cookies that my aunt made us for when the radio and I-40 gets old…since we stay on it halfway across the country. Surprisingly, everything and then some fit in my car…even though it weighs a bazillion pounds and you can definitely tell! We’re planning to drive until we drop…which actually means we will drive until my mom gets hungry for breakfast and then we will drive until I demand lunch and then we will be lucky if we even make it to dinner before the hotel (which is hopefully in the middle of Kansas) or before we kill each other, only kidding J well, for the most part…she’s bringing extra happy pills so we should be just fine! 

Well, I’m off to bed on a full stomach after a delicious dinner of steak and potatoes that my dad cooked for me to get ready for an early morning…but no worries, I shouldn’t have problems waking up tomorrow. Catch you in Colorado J

No comments:

Post a Comment