So, it's safe to say I’m slacking on this whole blogging thing…I just enjoy sleep waaayyy too much these days, haha.
Wednesday through Friday of 2 weeks ago were the longest school days ever….and it was the 2nd week of school, haha. It was just because I knew that I had a very long and busy weekend awaiting me and none of my roommates have classes on Friday so I’m the only one setting an alarm Thursday night. Overall, my classes are alright. I’m taking a significantly less load than last year so by all means, it should be easier but some of my professors aren’t exactly my favorite. After my morning classes, sometimes I go lay in the grass by my apartment to take a nap and get tan. The sun is so strong here – an hour is plenty so that’s nice! Friday morning September 2nd, Melissa and I woke up super early to pick up Alex from the airport and take her to USAFA. We barely made it in time for the parade so we stayed for about 20min before I had to head back to go to class. In the excitement of the day, I accidentally wore open-toed shoes to my micro lab which is definitely not allowed so my wonderful roommate brought me tennis shoes just in time…they looked super hot with my dress, haha. After class, Melissa and I went up to USAFA to give Alex her luggage and join in on some of the parents weekend fun aka hardcore people watch by the chapel and in Arnold hall. At the end of the day, we went to an open house for Cody’s squad and then went out to Bird Dog’s BBQ for dinner. I went back to the house that Cody’s family rented for the weekend to play some pool and watch TV with them before I went back to UCCS. On Saturday, there was a USAFA football game. I went early to tailgate with Cody and Melissa made lots of cookies for his squad for me to take. Homemade cookies, might I add! I hung out with Alex and Stephen since Stephen and Cody are in the same squad…it was great to get to see her so often!
Cody gets to sit with me during most of the games so that’s nice. Our seats are in the end zone and we usually sit in the 3rd row so it’s sweet being close to the field! USAFA won but I was definitely more excited about my MSU bulldogs whoopin up on Memphis, haha GO DAWGS! Since all of the games aren’t broadcasted here, my uncle sends me SEC game updates so he keeps me in the loop :) Saturday night, Melissa and I went to Stephen’s sponsor’s house with Alex and some of his friends so that was good for a change!
On Sunday, there was the Colorado Classic Balloon Festival so hot air balloons filled the sky...it was neat! I went with Cody’s family to the Royal Gorge. It was pretty cool…the wind was blowing like crazy and the bridge was shaking and swaying really bad so that was a little creepy! On the way, we stopped by some fossil beds and watched some prairie dogs play around.
On Sunday, there was the Colorado Classic Balloon Festival so hot air balloons filled the sky...it was neat! I went with Cody’s family to the Royal Gorge. It was pretty cool…the wind was blowing like crazy and the bridge was shaking and swaying really bad so that was a little creepy! On the way, we stopped by some fossil beds and watched some prairie dogs play around.
spent most of Monday making a
cornhole game for his squad and then his family cooked out steaks before he had to go back. Needless to say, I was delighted to join! I showed Cody’s mom my campus and my apartment so it was good to spend some time with her. Alex spent Monday night with us and we ate cookies and made paper chains of a countdown until Christmas and a countdown until Alex comes back to Colorado! I woke up at 4am to take her to the airport on Tuesday, but we didn’t have classes so I enjoyed sleeping and being lazy all day after that! I visited Cody on Wednesday for a little while in between flag football and handball. We went to Burger King on base to get me an ICEE :) Even thought it wasn’t for very long, it’s still great to be able to see him so often.
On Friday, Melissa and I went to the mall. Probably for the 3rd time this week…don’t judge! The bad news is I killed all of my fish but the good news is that I got 3 goldfish…well, 2 are white…on Friday and they are still alive! Every time we go to the mall, we have to fight off going in the pet store because they have so many puppies…we both want one sooo sooo bad! This past weekend was a silver weekend which means that it is a training weekend and the cadets have a 12am curfew on Fridays and usually things to do that afternoon so I went to get Cody on Friday around 7pm which is after visiting hours. Typically, that isn’t a big deal….Cody calls the gate to tell them that I’m coming. I show them my license, insurance and registration and move on but since their security level was bravo because of 9/11, they were doing full background checks and it took a bit longer than usual. I finally got through and after picking up Cody, we headed to O’Malley’s in Palmer Lake, CO to celebrate one of Cody’s friends’ 21st birthday.
They have 21 shots for $50 plus a t-shirt and random things added in so Cody bought him that and we had a fun night with everyone! Taking Cody back to USAFA is never a problem, but leaving seems to be a consistent issue…Friday night I tried to go out of north gate which is the same gate I had come in 5 minutes before and it was locked down cones and everything so I went to south gate and managed to wait in a long line of cars since those gates were shut too. They finally let us out but when it’s late and you’re tired, the distance between north and south gate on base is a long way!
Melissa and I went to the game on Saturday.
I met up with Cody while she did her Hooters’ thing and then we hung out when she was finished. TCU was killing USAFA so it wasn’t the most fun game to watch. We went to dinner at Applebee’s and got the appetizer + 2 entrees for $20. It was the first time I have ever had wings (we got the honey
As I was walking into my apartment tonight, these lovely creatures were chillin by my car. It amazes me how chill they are around people all of the time! Although I dread another week of school, I had a great weekend and I can’t wait until the next one!

No comments:
Post a Comment