Hmmmm, I haven’t blogged in awhile so let’s see….On the 13th, I went to the USAFA football game on Thursday and had a pretty chill Friday. The game was freezing so I didn’t stay the whole time…plus, USAFA isn’t the best this year (I know MSU sucks too) so it wasn’t worth the coldness. I was also tired from taking Melissa to Denver at 4am for her to fly home...not to mention the Academy has gained some nazi’s that are psycho about making sure the cadets sit in the cadet section and don’t leave the game early and all that so that is kind of unfortunate BUT Friday was warmer which was wonderful! Cody had mandatory squad stuff most of the afternoon so we hung out later that night. We went to dinner with Blake and his girlfriend at Red Robin on Saturday night and then played putt-putt for $2 at this really neat outdoor place. I won, shocker right? :) Haha. Sunday we went to lunch at Fat Boys Pizza since my mom sent me a groupon…we got it to go and went to a park to eat and then got our season passes…I got one for 4 days at a discounted rate since I’m coming home in December and Cody got one for the whole season. We played putt-putt again and then came back and made smores in the microwave…yumm! Then, we finished up ‘Lost’….since Cody watched it during the week without me, I probably ended up seeing around ½ of the episodes but I was still sad that it was over! I think I’m gonna start at Season 1, Episode 1 soon and try to watch every episode!
MONDAY WAS MY BIRTHDAYYYY! Facebook always makes me feel special on my birthday, haha! I received some packages and cards….First off, Cody sent roses and chocolate to me so that was a nice surprise…on top of taking me snowmobiling in December..tricky tricky :) My parents sent me glow-in-the-dark ice grippers to put on any shoes and fancy ear muffs…only Karen! Haha, I will most definitely use them though, don’t you worry! Oh and a car, no big deal. My uncle got me a liner for my big north face shell that he got me last spring, north face snow boots and a ski pass wahooo!
My aunt and Cody’s family sent me money that I plan to use when Cody and I go skiing/boarding later in November. Lauren sent me an Ole Miss shirt and a sweet cup that changes colors when you put something cold in it. Melissa got me giraffe slippers, a classy flashdrive bracelet, made me a cake and took me to fazoli’s for dinner! Leighna made me a cake and I got lots of texts and phone calls from everyone so thank you sooo much for everything :) Last week was very busy. I had a lot of school work so I’m glad it’s a new week! I’m almost just ready for it to get cold because these 40 degree temperature differences throughout the day are so hard to dress for when I leave my apartment at 7:30am and I’m very cold-natured!
Friday was Autumn Ball and we had a party at my apartment afterwards in honor of mine and Cody’s birthdays! I decorated like a mad woman and blew up over 40 balloons so that was fun. We basically went in, took some pictures and left to go eat at Olive Garden and then everyone came over and ended up staying the night. I made chocolate covered pretzel sticks dipped in sprinkles and strawberries successfully and I think I’m actually going to make some more today :) Saturday and Sunday were pretty low-key and full of sleep, college football (aka watching Ole Miss blow it), NFL and the World Series! Sonic in Colorado doesn’t serve french toast sticks anymore…how bad does that suck? I’m hoping Mississippi still does! The high today is almost 80 but the high on Wednesday is 27…I’m not lying.
It better snow because I bought a $5 sled at Walmart! Today, I received a coin from another USAFA girlfriend who is currently enlisted! It is a Challenge Coin that was flown across the skies of Afghanistan on October 6th on a combat mission in a C-27J Spartan Aircraft. How freaking cool is that?! I got a certificate and the pilot signed it and everything!
Cody has been recently interested in eBay so he’s selling some things on there right now…like his xBox and a guitar and an old snowboard and it’s gotten me thinking of what I have at home and need to sell! Classes are fine, it’s hard to believe that I only have 6 weeks of the semester left. The closer it gets, I’m getting more and more excited to come home for thanksgiving, which is now less than a month away! 

No comments:
Post a Comment