Haha, I bet that got your attention. Snow is not meant for the first week in October, duhhh. Plus, my father says I am coming home in December…"enough is enough" soooo hello Mississippi again and thank you for not being so cold all of the time! Okay, so maybe I’m being a bit over the top but at USAFA this weekend, it snowed 5 inches. I shouldn’t be surprised at this point but that’s insane and this girl was not prepared! Despite that, I have had an incredible past few days...
Cody’s birthday was Wednesday so I went to visit with presents and a chocolate pie that he had eyed the week before at the store. We were both exhausted and ended up falling asleep in my car while chilling at an overlook at USAFA…oops. Then, I picked Alex up around 10pm Thursday night and we stayed up until 4am catching up….it’s always so great to see her :) After she went to class with me on Friday, we hit up Schlotsky’s and then USAFA to pick the boys up. Cody and I, well mainly I, planned a weekend of fun for our birthdays since his just passed and mine is next week, not to mention he had a 3 day weekend…lucky! On Friday, we went to Sportsman's Warehouse and Cody got a new jacket! He had fun decking me out in all neon orange and taking multiple pictures of me...later, I surprised him by taking him to the Airplane Restaurant. Amazingly, he didn’t guess it or find it on my GPS or in my phone or anywhere which was a miracle in it of itself. So basically, there are booths and tables in a huge, real airplane….nothing too fancy but a neat atmosphere and decent food at least! Then, since it was very cold we hit up Starbucks for some hot chocolate and then headed to the UCCS hockey game for awhile.

Saturday morning I got up super early and went to Oktoberfest at USAFA with Cody to get me some cheap skiing stuff…success! When I looked out my window, I saw some white on the ground as I was half asleep and just assumed that it was frost, so I walked out to my car and it was snowing hard and there was snow all over my car and I was basically shocked! I had my big north face on my my ugg boots weren’t exactly snow friendly, I think that they’re still wet :/ We went to the “Penny Arcade” in Manitou Springs and walked around there for a little bit. The arcade had crazy old games, most of which only cost 1, 5 or 10 cents so it was definitely worth it…I think we spent 70 cents total for about 30 minutes of fun! Then, we went to see Cowboys and Aliens before heading back over to Manitou Springs for chocolate fondue at the Mona Lisa, which was delicious! Apparently this water fountain was supposed to have amazing water, so we filled up a bottle and tried it...it was hot and tasted like it had ruined lemons in it....nasty! If it was a trick, we definitely fell for it!

On Sunday, Cody surprised me with sonic and mcdonalds for breakfast! We left for Denver and went to a place called Unser Racing to race high powered go-karts. They went about 45mph and we were forced to wear helmets and all…it was a ton of fun though, I’m practically a Nascar driver! On the way to dinner, we passed a huge Bass Pro so naturally,we had to stop....it was pretty sweet I guess. We went to Texas de Brazil for dinner, which was scrumptious, I forgot how much I love that place! Cody ordered this crazy Brazillian soda that they suggested called Guarana. It has 10x as much caffeine as a coffee bean apparently…I believe them because after 2 of them, he was a bit energized for lack of a better word! We went to Colorado’s largest haunted house after dinner but it wasn’t that great…the midgets were scary but other than that, one I went to in Gatlinburg is still the scariest! Today, we were going to go golfing but it was relatively chilly and we wanted to catch up on “Lost” so it was a pretty chill day. I subscribed to groupon and getmyperks.com and ended up saving over $70 this weekend even though gas is a killer.
This coming week, Melissa goes home on Thursday and I am going to tailgate and to the USAFA football game on Thursday night with Cody. Thank goodness it's already almost Tuesday :)


No comments:
Post a Comment