Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy October!

Already October? Where did September go?! Fall is officially here...some of the trees are changing colors and I love it but I've been warned to enjoy them for the whole 2 weeks it seems like fall because winter hits fast :( like with a low of 32 degrees on Saturday...shoot me. This month Cody and I both turn 20 so I’m in the works of planning some sort of celebration for this weekend :) After visiting the pet shop last week with Melissa, I decided I needed a bunny. They were only $30 and it really liked me even though it was kind of ugly but then I remembered that I would probably kill it and be really sad, and it’s illegal to have in my apartment so I decided against it :/ I JUST WANT A PUPPY! I had fun decorating my blog last week while I was procrastinating so I made some fake goldfish that are impossible to kill, plus a puppy of the day so I guess just where can be jealous of whoever owns it! 

I had a great weekend since it felt like it started on Thursday! Cody didn’t have class on Friday for some sort of short training obstacle leadership course so he got to leave after class and stay out until midnight on Thursday night! We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and ran into his old squadron so I got to meet some of them. We got out of there with an appetizer and 2 entrees with leftovers for under $20, which hardly ever happens! We came back and watched River Monsters and Lost on Netflix until he had to go back. Speaking of Lost, Cody has got me hooked on it! By hooked, I mean I somewhat pay attention and he updates me since he watches a bazillion episodes during the week without me…it really is interesting though and it plays with your mind. We’re on season 2, he’ll probably be on season 3 by next weekend but there are 6 seasons total so there’s plenty left!


 On Friday, I went to class, worked out then picked Cody up and we attempted to play disc golf again but it was packed so we went to Pineview Reservoir like 2 minutes from UCCS and fished a little. Of course we didn’t catch anything, but I had fun walking around the lake and being there. 
We hit up Pizza Hut for dinner…I forgot how amazing stuffed crust is haha. Saturday we went on a Goodwill search for tennis rackets and finally found some since I forgot to bring mine out here….fail.  So, we played tennis at a random park for a few hours and I finally won a few games. Somehow tennis turned into dodgeball since we found a lot more tennis balls than we came with and after awhile, I opted out and decided to swing at the playground! On the way home, there was a couple walking on the sidewalk with 10-12 deer surrounding them like they were nature goddesses or something...and then the deer all scattered and decided to cross the 4 lane road one at a time...

Later that night, we went to Wendy’s and then to see a movie. I found a discount theatre that is only $1.75 a movie! The movies were released about 2 months ago but for that cheap, it’s so worth it! I got an ICEE and it was delectable….we saw Horrible Bosses! It was vulgar but really funny. After the movie, a couple of Cody’s friends came by the apartment and hung out with us and my roommates until like 4am so we were tired today. Plus, Cody got a Hepatitis vaccine and the flu mist at the end of last week so he wasn’t feeling his best. 

We chilled and watched Lost most of the day with the exception of a few errands. While Cody took a nap, I ran to the grocery store to get some things to make dinner…salad, pork chops, fried okra, pasta and rolls! With chocolate ice cream for dessert, of course. I figure that we need to eat healthy some of the time, with the exception of the ice cream! 

This week, I am going to visit Cody on his birthday and then Alex is coming to visit so I will pick her up on Thursday night and she'll spend the night with me so I am excited about that! USAFA has a 3-day weekend next weekend so I'll be sure and update you on how this next week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment