Tuesday, September 27, 2011

1 down, 2 to go...

You guessed it, I killed another fish :/ SHOCKERRR. But, the other 2 are hanging in there! All of my days are running together…I go to sleep on Sunday night and then I wake up and it’s already Friday! I’m not saying that I don’t mind the school week going by fast, but weekends go by even faster :( I started taking prenatal vitamins and biotin both because everyone claims they are the medicine to making your hair grow…we shall see soon enough, I’m praying that they are right! I forgot to mention that 2 weekends ago, Cody and I went to eat dinner at Salsa Brava on Saturday night because we were craving fajitas….fail. Nothing will measure up to Casa Mexicana or Rancho Grande, who would’ve known that Mississippi would have such amazing Mexican food? This past Friday, I made taco salad for Cody and I…it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t exceptionally good either so on Saturday, we picked up Taco Bell for dinner. We just can’t seem to get enough Mexican, darn Colorado! 




There was a football game on Saturday…Melissa and I met some girls there and then Cody and other cadets came to sit with us. It was the perfect temperature and I got my tan on….I’m absolutely loving this 70s-80s weather! On Sunday, Cody and I went to lunch at Mimi’s CafĂ©…we had never been there before but it was really good...a little pricey and lacking rolls, but good! Afterwards, we walked around the mall some and hit up Coldstone. Then, we went to Cottonwood Creek Park to play disc golf but the course was so packed! Who knew Coloradans had even heard of disc golf, I mean after all you can’t play it while riding a long board or anything….so that was a fail, we didn’t want to wait in a long line just to play a round so we went to a ski and golf shop and entertained ourselves for awhile and then headed to Target to pick up a basketball. When we got back, we played some games like old times since there is a goal right outside my apartment. We were just lacking Matthew! I killed in Horse twice but Cody beat me one on one, shockerrrrr.  He cheats, haha :) 

There was a Rivermonsters marathon on so that consumed the rest of our night…thank goodness that dumb Hillbilly Handfishing show gave it a rest for a single Sunday night! I had a huge paper due and a test today, I even took my notes to study during the football game but procrastination got the best of me so I was up late last night…it happens, right? Only 2 and a half more years left, yayyy! 

Tonight, Melissa and I went to a place called Back East Bar and Grill for dinner….she was dying for some New York food so we had a date! It’s supposed to be hotter here most of this week than it is at home so I’m not complaining! I can’t wait for basketball season to start so I can go to some games on weeknights, soccer and volleyball don’t quite interest me as much when I’m just watching! I know I've said this before, but the sunsets here are amazing and I get the privilege of taking pictures like this out of my apartment window :)

No comments:

Post a Comment