Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful.


Well, it’s been a very eventful past 2 weeks. Some bad, mostly good! The weekend before Thanksgiving break there was a football game on Saturday and then on Sunday, Cody, Blake and I grabbed Dunkin Donuts and went to Winter Park for the day! Dunkin Donuts doesn’t even compare with Krispy Kreme! On the way back, we ate at CiCi's and Blake and I convinced Cody to let us stop at the Outlets at Castle Rock....I wanted to go because I never have, Blake wanted to stall before going back to USAFA and the last thing Cody wanted to do was shop...thanks Cody :)

 Monday seemed like it took forever since I was excited to go home on Tuesday! Tuesday afternoon, Cody and I grabbed Taco Bell and then headed to the airport…which was a sea of blue. And then we got on the plane and over half of the 
people flying from COS to DFW were cadets, it was funny. At the airport, Cody spent 15 minutes filling out a form for a chance to win a free Harley so maybe just maybe he’ll win it, haha! Cody and I were both exhausted but too excited to sleep on the plane so we doodled. He ordered black coffee on both flights…it tastes like death, don’t try it.

 We finally got to Memphis and I got to see Alex for a very brief time, since Stephen was on the same flight as Cody and I! My parent’s were waiting in my dad’s truck and as soon as I heard his diesel engine, I took off running down the middle of the road…so excited to be home! Our first stop was Krystal’s since Colorado doesn’t have it! Wednesday, my parents took me to O’Charley’s for lunch. Yes, that is an empty container of rolls and yes, they were delicious! Hannah and I went Black Friday shopping Wednesday night at midnight at Target duhhh! Twas great seeing her face! Midnight was so much better than waking up at 4am like we did last year! 


Thursday I had a wonderful day with my awesome family at my aunt’s house in Williston for Thanksgiving and I think I ate my weight in food…..in fact I probably really did the whole time I was home, seeing that my mom cooked everything and then some….chess cake, spaghetti,  lots of cookies, alaskan snow, etc. and my dad made me a steak and potatoes on Saturday night! Friday, we went to lunch with Laurs at Casa Mexicana….the chips alone could have filled me up since I was so excited to have good Mexican again! Laurs and I spent the day shopping and craftin…goodwill, craft stores, walmart and thrift stores! Thanks to pinterest, we made lots of crafty things like these bottles….beer bottles and a vase wrapped in yarn with felt flowers pinned on them! Those flowers were the devil. It was great to be reunited my best frienddddd! Karen made McBill’s for us on Saturday morning…if you don’t know what it is, don’t ask haha! We went to lunch at my grandparents on Sunday and had Corky’s BBQ….mmm nothing better :) See what I mean about getting fat? 

My flight back to Colorado on Sunday night wasn’t bad…on my first flight I sat next to an 8 year old girl who entertained me the whole time, it all started when she insisted we shake hands if we were going to be sitting by each other. We became best friends….we talked about everything under the sun, she was so smart for her age but here are some highlights…Her: ”Have you ever seen that show about true life?” Me: “The one on MTV? Girl, why are you watching MTV?” She then leans in real close to me and says this…Her: “Well, this one time I saw it and this girl wanted fake boobs (she opens her mouth real wide and slaps her hand over it)” Me: “Wow, well some people just want them I guess.” Her: ”That’s crazy, why can’t you just be happy with your boobs who even cares about boobs anyways, this girl at school she’s 9, I’m only 8, but all she cares about is how she looks, she always looks in the mirror and wears so much make up.” Haha, little girl went off! She was cute though and she’s been to more states than I have. She’s from Texas and she wants to live in Memphis in the 10th Street Apartments? and work in a little clothing shop downtown…she’s got it all figured out! She even insisted I take her Hubba Bubba bubblegum so my ears could pop on my next flight. My next flight I was sitting by a guy that went to CSU Pueblo….he was stoned out of his mind the whole time and said he came all the way from Texas to Colorado just because they have medicinal marijuana here…promising, right? He probably asked me the same thing 15 times but it could have been worse I suppose! 

Anyways, I made it back and hung out with Cody on Monday since he didn’t have class…it’s a long story, haha. 2 weeks of class, 2 days of exams and I am out of here. My roommates are probably more happy about that than I am! It's been a great semester and as sad as I am to see it end, I'm very thankful for this experience for so many reasons!


No comments:

Post a Comment