Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tumbleweed.

Tumbleweeds
Yeah, they're everywhere. Who would have thought Colorado would be full of tumbleweeds? Not this girl! I always remember that movie 'I'll be Home for Christmas'with Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jessica Biel (yes I had to look those names up) because there are tumbleweeds when they're stuck in the middle of nowhere! Here, they get stuck under cars and bikes, obviously, and fly across the road all of time...it probably helps that it has been super, super windy the past few days!

Two weekends ago was the USAFA vs Army game. Cuba Gooding, Jr. was there and I actually knew who he was from the movie 'Snow Dogs' haha. Luckily, I got there after the hail and rain but Cody was wet and freezing so we left about halftime, grabbed Taco Bell and watched the game at my apartment! USAFA played horribly at the beginning but they came back and won so they got discretionary passes and Blake and Cody stayed at my apartment that night since we were waking up early to go skiing on Sunday! We went to Copper Mountain and stopped at a mexican restaurant on the way home...the lines were long since it was the opening weekend but it was fun :)

Cody was out of school on Friday for Veteran's Day. The hot water went out in my apartment on Friday also, but the good news is that now our heat and hot water works...USAFA was also out of hot water and heat for 5-6 days last week so they had it worse than we did! My roommates and I went to one of my roommate's houses to shower...cold showers do not sound appealing when it is 30 degrees outside, haha. Friday night we went to the Harley-Davidson place with Blake...Cody and him are on a crazy motorcycle high right now, haha! Then to Culver's and to see Moneyball....it was good, long and drawn out but a good story! I didn't even go into the football game on Saturday.....the tailgates were cancelled because the wind was so strong and it was blowing sand and dirt and anything 'blow-able' so we came to my apartment, found a coupon for buy one get one free at CiCi's Pizza and had a great afternoon! I got an algae eater for my fish tank (my 2 remaining gold fish are still alive, yayy) and he is cleaning my tank for me!

Winter Park opened this past weekend...it is by far my favorite and I had so much fun spending the day with just Cody on Sunday! They had green runs open so it was perfect for me and it was a little more backcountry which was tons more fun, as far as I'm concerned, instead of just going straight down a mountain! I even got a little air on some of the little ramps, haha! To clarify, by a little I mean 6 inches at most! Cody said most of the resorts have something similar to that but they just aren't open yet since it is so early in the season. It snowed the whole time but it wasn't all that cold and there was no wait time at all for the lift so it was great :) We wrapped up the weekend with warm chocolate chip cookies like we do on most Sundays, or at least sometime during the weekend!

Cody and I are both PUMPED to go home for Thanksgiving! I have 9 more classes before we leave...he has 3 more days of class and 3 days of training. If anyone reading this is needing something to get me for Christmas, feel free to drop a puppy off at my doorstep. You don't even have to tell me who it is from, I'm just DYING to have one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment