Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adventure #1


Tuesday was my first real day on my own. Melissa and I woke up around 10 to run some errands and meet our other roommates for lunch at a restaurant called BJ’s Restaurant and Brewery. Leighna moved in today so we gave her a ride there. I ordered unsweet tea. Shortly after, I was informed of 2 things: one, the term “iced tea” was the proper terminology and two, I had to choose between black or tropical. At that point, I said “mmm, I’ll just take a coke” hahaha. After hanging out for a few hours, Melissa and I went grocery shopping and got rained on while we were trying to collect all of our Gatorades that had fallen out in the back of my car and then we waddled to the door as fast as we could. I decorated my room and it feels like home.

After hanging around the apartment waiting on the rain to pass, we decided to find a trail up to the little mountain/hill behind UCCS that overlooks the city and our apartment. We decided it would be the perfect tanning spot and we hope to go back soon.
We stayed up talking until like 2am and then woke up early (by early I mean around 9am) to go to USAFA. We met Cody and one of his friends and hung out for about an hour before we attempted Eagle’s Peak. I got to see him in ABUs for the first time today so as many of you know, I was delighted. I really wish I had a picture for you, haha but really.

We weren’t entirely sure where to go on the multiple Eagle’s Peak trails and after awhile of getting nowhere we came back to UCCS to lay out and get some sun :) Oh, and not to mention I got a parking ticket. THANKS USAFA. But, since I don’t go there I don’t have to pay it so wahooo. After we came in for some lunch, we accidentally fell asleep for a little while and woke up to meet another USAFA girlfriend, Brooke, and her mom. She just moved here from Texas and she is going to UCCS as well so it was nice to meet her. Tomorrow night I am going up to USAFA to have dinner with Cody, so I am excited about that. I promise I'll stop boring you with the little details of my life soon though, classes start soon and I'm in the process of getting a job so no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment