Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home Sweet Colorado

The past few days have been great! To begin with, I moved in on Friday after multiple issues….first they couldn’t find my key and then they discovered than a boy was living in my room so I got put in a completely different building than I was originally in and then I was told that I would have to change rooms AFTER I HAD MOVED IN. Regardless, it’s all worked out now and I have a much better view than before so I am not complaining! My mom and I moved everything in on Friday after a 4-hour delay and a nice lunch at CiCi’s Pizza. She was tired so in order to give her enough energy to hang up my bazillion clothes, I pulled her out of my room and to my car in a shopping cart every time that we went to get more things out of my car….I wish I had a picture to show everyone! Later Friday night, I went to USAFA early before I was supposed to see Cody to hangout with some other girlfriends and Ellie! It was so great to see them!
Then I went to get Cody and after showing him around some, I unpacked some of my things while he did homework, gross. And then we headed to New Panda for dinner nom nom nom :) He put some of my shelves together that I was too lazy to deal with at that point as well. Saturday we started our day out with brunch at “The Egg & I” which was delicious! Following that, we decided to be touristy and went to Garden of the Gods and Helen Hunt Falls at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.


 Garden of the Gods was beautiful, as always. Cody and I went a little fast for my little short ninja of a mother but she kept up pretty well :) It was neat to get to show her around some! By the time we got to Garden of the Gods, the housing director had called me and told me that my new room was ready so that afternoon, Cody and I headed back to move all of my stuff. Halfway through we went to pick up my mom and headed to Walmart for some random stuff. Rule #736: do not take Cody to Walmart with you if you have a long list…especially on a Saturday. Haha, only kidding but sortof not. Cody plugged everything in for me and made sure no cords were showing and fixed all of that for me so that was sweet of him :) Once I got moved in and my mom had helped me organize some things, she decided she wanted a burger for dinner so Cody insisted that she try a “butterburger” from Culver’s—turns out he had a good idea! Sunday flew by – we had lunch at Texas Roadhouse because I was dying for some rolls (shocker), and I couldn’t find O’Charley’s on my GPS….fail. Then I had to come take a test for a final in one of my online classes blahhhh. That wasn’t exactly how I wanted to spend Cody’s last day of the weekend or my mom’s last full day here but you gotta do what you gotta do. I took Cody back to the Academy after we watched a few Rivermonsters episodes and picked up my mom for some grocery shopping and to see my room all fixed up. This morning I picked her up and we headed to Denver! It was a pretty drive, so I didn’t mind it. The clouds are surreal here, not to mention the mountains.
 
After eating lunch at Wendy’s, I dropped her off at DIA and headed back to the Springs! It was nice talking to my dad and catching up with some friends on the way back. Tonight, I decorated and hung out with my roommate…which I love by the way! I’m hoping to see Cody maybe once this week and then on Saturday for sure! Tomorrow, Melissa and I are going to find out where our classes are and go to lunch with our other 2 roommates so I’m excited about that. I’ll post some pictures of my room and my view soon! So far, the weather has been perfect and I love it here. I start classes on the 22nd but my load is pretty light so I’m excited about that for a change.  I feel like I am at home now that my room is all personalized and I can somewhat find my way around the springs. My address changed…it’s

UCCS, Alpine Village
Rachel Blackwell
4645 Stanton Road
Antero House, Box 32
Colorado Springs, CO 80918


You should write me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment